Looking for (over-ear) headphones -- any recommendations?

I currently own Sony's mdr-zx750bn headphones, and they've been fine for some time, except that the faux leather/vinyl material on the ear pads had been terribly peeling away over time (until it was a hassle to use and I ended up cutting the remaining pieces of the vinyl off, which resulted in worse sound quality...) I would not consider getting replacement ear pads because the peeling would simply happen again.

Anyway, I'm thinking to get new headphones, especially ones that won't shed any fabric. I'd only use them for music-listening, so any extra features like phone calls or Bluetooth are definitely not necessary -- it just needs great sound quality, comfort, and ear pads that won't shed/crack/peel/etc. Considerably to not be very expensive, either...

Any recommendations?

Favorite Answer

AKG K240.  I bought one in the 1980s and the leather or vinyl is still good. No split or crack. Sounds very good too. Recording studio engineers used this brand at work. I was impressed and bought one. No regret.

I have some Philips haedphones that shed their thin-skin covering. 

No big deal: The  fabric base is soft and doesn't cause any trouble.  

Using what I already own is certainly cheaper than replacing it.  

• Jay

nope­­­­­­­­­­­