Was my manager in the wrong?

My line manage signed off my time sheets recently and told me I couldn’t claim the extra half hour I worked because I was half day. But we are on flexi time so the hours are 9–5 and any hours you work xtra ie starting at 8,30 for example you can save and use for days off etc. So I started work 30 mins early but she advised I can only claim 7 hours when I’m half day and additional time (starting early is not allowed) so she took of 1 hour 30 off me that I worked. She checked with hr and apparently they told her I have to los the 1 hr and 30 mins. I checked with the rest of my team (5 other people with different line managers) and they said they claim loads of extra hours and their sheets are all signed off ok. I checked with my line manager and she said “no that’s the way it is” so as the team were discussing it on my managers day off, I checked with another line manager who also claims loads so I just asked for confirmation because other line managers are oking peoples extra hours but mine wasn’t. We are all in the same team just different line managers and she told my line manager on her return. My line manager reported me to the boss who basically said “I should never have even questioned my line managers answer” because she ‘always has my back’ (not strictly true as she allowed me to be bullied for nearly 5 years by another coworker and did nothing) I even ended up in hospital because of it, my life was hell for five years. 

So she hasn’t exactly got my back. all I did was ask for somebody else in authority’s opinion. The other line manager apparently asked our bigger boss who agreed with me and she also did but my line manager heard about it and is now completely ignoring me because of her mistake. I even had to email her sorry for questioning her but I was the only one being penalised for not being allowed to claim my hours. She is now just ignoring me, and is pissed because I had the nerve to even question her 

She drums into us we are a team but the rest of te team are getting their hours but I’m not so how is that a team? the rest of my team get away with murder whilst I slog my bum off and but it’s always me that gets the hard straw. My co worker yelled at the manager once and he was made to apologise to her!!? What the hell, he now bends over to not make her upset but today to me he basically got really annoyed that I had the audacity to even question my line manager!!!

Just so u know the uni adopts a flexi system so I u work an extr hour u can claim it and use again. They don’t pay overtime 

No he wasn't........ .............

You work...you get paid.  They can fire you for clocking in before your shift or early though...that might be the resolution here. 

Your employer is required to pay you for the hours you work.

You are required to follow the attendance policy.   

The employer determines the work schedule, not you.   You are to punch in when you're supposed to.   You don't get to punch in a half an hour early just so you can suck another half hour of pay from the company.     By punching in early without permission, you have violated the attendance policy and in most workplaces, that's grounds for discipline or termination.

ETA:  "No u don’t understand the uni allows a flexi system where you can work extra hours"   If you already know the answer to the question, WHY ARE YOU HERE?   Go back to your drama-infested play-pen and argue with your bosses some more. 

• Casey Y
      4 weeks agoReport

So, you get to work extra hours whenever you want...can you incur overtime as well?  I dont exactly trust whatever flexi system you are trying to explain here. 

You need to review your work policy.  Just go ask HR about it.  I have never a  heard limit  of bank time for sick/personal time.  Most places would pay you for the overtime.  But then again it is not mandatory for some business.