Is Walmart milk is expiring in 3 days moved to the front of the shelf?

Update:

If, Walmart milk is expiring in 3 days is it moved to the front of the shelf? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Google "stock rotation" and all will be revealed.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

More likely it isn't so much moved to the front as it is that newer milk is placed in the back which would only make sense (where I shop the store employees access the dairy cases from the back; the customers only from the front).

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

All stores with competent management rotate their stock, especially the items with short expiration dates.

• 4 weeks ago

Even if that were true, you don't have to buy it.  The expiring date is right on the front of the bottle.  It's not like it's hard to see.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No idea, I don;t but mile that is going to expire in 3 -5 days,

• Stores that don't rotate products end up with a bunch of expired products.  That is basic grocery store stuff.  Perhaps you should find something else to be outraged about today.

• 4 weeks ago

Generally the racks in the cooler are loaded from the backs, which pushes the older jugs to the front.  That is true of just about any store.

Realize that the "expired" day is the last date on which they can legally sell the milk, not the day on which it is no longer usable.  While the date varies from state to state (and in most states there is no law), normally the milk is still usable for at least a week beyond the date on the jug.

If it is like the Walmart I use, half the time the issue is not "old milk".  It is "no milk".  They often are not keeping the shelves loaded, so any milk that is in there is usually "fresh".

• DEBS
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Milk generally has a 'sell by' date.  It is not 'expired' after that date.  It's up to an intelligent individual to do a simple smell test of food, regardless of the date on it, to determine whether they think it's safe to consume or not.  This is living 101.

• Danny
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

All supermarkets put the fresh bread/milk etc at the back as they need the ones near their expiry date to sell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.