UK: What are some FULLY waterproof, comfortable hiking BOOTS?

Like, standing in streams and falling into deep mud waterproof.

Also, gotta be comfortable.

With or without steel toe cap.

Womens size 5

I don't mind price, but even the £££ ones I've seen so far have some reviews where the boots haven't been waterproof in wet grass.

The terrain will be slippery, a little rocky and hence high likelihood of ankle injuries - which is why they must be hiking *boots* with sturdy support. YET, the hikes will be day-long ones, so they must also be cushioned and comfy, without compromising on breath-ability (what's the point of being dry from the weather when your feet are swimming in sweat?)

Thank you so much, spent so long looking for the perfect boots but haven't had the opinions of any hiking pros/people who have been through a range of boots and have learnt the best type!

I recommend the Ugg Butte Mens Style : 5521 They Are Comfortable & Practical, Starting At Around $380!

Check out Sorel Boots. They use to be the number one boot in Aspen in the winter time!

I use 'Irish Setter' and Cabela's sells them.

• cmac'm

I like Merrell boots and hiking shoes. But you need to go try some on and see what works for your feet.

I'm not sure what depth of water you will be in. But when I am canoeing and portaging I used "wading boots" (molded plastic bottom- not felt bottom) with neoprene socks.

Wading boots are the only boots that are truly waterproof and fully submersible. The other waterproof boots are only waterproof to the top-ish part of the boot

• cmac'm
      4 weeks agoReport

You'll want to always have a dry pair of boots- plan accordingly