I need an amplifier circuit diagram for a 400 Mhz to 4 GHz high power amplifier please?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • D g
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

these are a nightmare  even the circuit board  will  have capacitative effects that  change the resonance 

at those frequencies you dont need alot of power  so  as the other person asked what do you mean by high power ..

remember at  4 ghz the  distance is line of site you wont get any more  distance after the horizon..

for example at  2 m radio has a fair distance at  10 to 25 watts 

• 4 weeks ago

good luck. Wide band amplifiers in the GHz range are very difficult to design. You can't use conventional components and wiring in that frequency range. Special PC circuits are needed, so you need an expert in PC stripline design. 

How much power? very important question...

I spent a lot of years in circuit design, but I would hesitate to do this project. It would take special RF design software, special printed circuit design, expensive components, and months of design time (at least).

Better to buy one. 

• marty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Here's a site that probably has what you're looking for 

http://konstruktor.ha5khc.hu/linkgyujtemeny/linkgy...

• 4 weeks ago

What do you mean by "High Power"?  In general, you are not goint to be able to build an amplifier that covers that large frequency range as a single unit.  You would need to use multiple amplifiers. 

• Robert J
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Agreed.

Also, anything using "high powers" in that frequency range is going to wipe out various TV and communications services, it's a a recipe for a knock on the door from government officials...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.