Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My sister Katelyn likes to gossip in insulting ways. She has no morals. What do I do when she starts the lies about me at some point?

We have lots of cousins she’ll be spreading these lies to.

Update:

Rick:  She isn’t just hurt, she is evil.  

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ambar
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Remember, actions speak louder than words. Who you are, will come out on it’s own by how you conduct yourself. You can make a good reputation for yourself by what you say and how you act. So focus on improving yourself as a person, focus on being a kind and good person. Focus on the needs and interests of others. It will be less likely that others will believe negative lies about you. And your true friends and family know who you really are. 

You probably can’t prevent all gossip about you, but you can choose your response to it. If you learn that rumors about you are going around, you have at least two options… 

1: Ignore it. Often, the best solution is simply to let it go—especially if the rumor is frivolous. 

2: Confront the person who started the gossip. In some cases, you may feel that a rumor is so serious that you really need to talk to the person who started it. 

For tips on how to do this, see the following link … 

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as... 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just tell her to stop doing it

• 1 month ago

You can't stop someone from running her mouth. I'm sure the people who know you best can detect a lie from the truth. So why worry about it?

• al
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Shave her head while she is sleeping! 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't have control over or what she does so let her spread these lies.  It'll catch up with her when the people she tells them to learn that she's a hurt person who needs to lie for attention.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.