Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Is it not normal for a 7 month old baby to not be even close to standing or crawling yet??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

Most babies don't even try to stand alone until they're close to one year old. Some babies NEVER learn to crawl - they just scoot along on their elbows and their knees.  

• 3 weeks ago

My friends didn’t but it was because he was too heavy. Doctor put him on a gentle diet and he crawled very soon after

• sarah
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I don't think I crawled until I was closer to nine months old. I have a couple of nephews who never even crawled at all, they just went straight to walking (and that didn't happen until they were around a year old). I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all.

• 1 month ago

I don't think i walked or stood up until i was almost twelve months old.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's entirely normal for a seven month old to not stand or crawl.

It would be early if your child were doing either of those things.

We had one daughter who didn't crawl until she was 10 months old, and one who crawled at seven months - you know what?  Both of them crawl, walk, and run entirely normally as adults.  In fact, the one who didn't crawl until 10 months is really into fitness and goes to the gym at least five days per week.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some babies never really crawl and go straight to standing, and 7 months is on the earlier side for babies to start pulling themselves up to stand. Can your baby sit up unsupported? If he's at least doing that I don't think there's much reason for concern yet, but you can always ask your doc at his next wellbaby visit.

• 1 month ago

Your expectations are unreasonable. Keep putting him/her on the floor with toys just out of reach and he'll figure it out.

• 1 month ago

No, a baby that age should be crawling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.