? asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 4 weeks ago

Are left wingers right when they say Halal here in Europe is as humane to the animal as stunning it before killing it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Halal slaughter is cruel and unnecessary, and a custom of a barbaric religion. 

It goes against animal cruelty laws and should be banned in any civilised country.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

What if any is the current event or news item that has prompted this question ?  I ask as it is a common refrain and oft posited assertion of the hate sum. 

• Biff
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I haven't heard left wingers claim that but I do know that Halal slaughter, unlike Jewish Kosher slaughter, does not prohibit the animal being pre-stunned and the majority of Halal meat in the UK at least is from pre-stunned animals.

• 4 weeks ago

Left wingers will say anything to appease Muslims and get brownie points. They are destroying British values and integrity and don't even know it.

Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Halal is mostly pre stunned in Europe dumbo

It's Kosher that isn't. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, it is total bullsh!t. Halal slaughter if vile and disgusting.

• 4 weeks ago

No, they are utterly wrong, the way it is done in the west is quick, the halay way involves the animal having it's throat cut and having it's blood drain out over a long period of time, I like eating meat, but not if it involved a barbaric practice like that. No other predatory species practices a method of dispatching it's prey that takes anywhere near that long

• Biff
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

The majority of Halal meat in the UK is from animals that have been pre-stunned and have just had a short prayer said over them as they are slaughtered. Youve probably eaten some of this meat because abatoirs often don'r run separate Halal and non-Halal lines.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Halal is an Arabic word that means “permissible.” In terms of food, it means food that is permissible according to Islamic law. For a meat to be certified “halal,” it cannot be a forbidden cut (such as meat from hindquarters) or animal (such as pork.)

• FOXY Di
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

They should adopt British values and that does not mean eating Halal meat. They can return to their roots if they want to practice this barbarism. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.