when and why did new vehicles start costing like on average $30 - $ 50,000 ? & how have house prices reflected similar rise?

are people working much more or much more in debt? or how so many people can afford to drive a $ 50,000 vehicle ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Capitalism lives and dies by financial bubbles.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

< or how so many people can afford to drive a $ 50,000 vehicle ? >

That's about 3 months net pay for me.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

In 2008 I bought a Honda Accord EXL V6 for $30K.  Last month I  bought a 2019 Honda Accord EXL 2T for $29,500.  No price increase at all over 11 years.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

When?

I noticed a distinct shift in societal monetary dynamics in the 70s when groups clamoring for equality led to affirmative action and 2 parents working to achieve the American dream of owning a home and raising a family. Prior to that, the man was the bread winner and the woman stayed home to raise the kids.

Why? ... it's the effects of unlimited capitalism ... double the household income? ... people standing in line to capitalize on that w/ things like child care ... inflation accelerates, accelerated cost of living etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are two different things - most cars start to depreciate as soon as you roll off the garage forecourt. New cars have always seemed ludicrously expensive, especially from premium makers. Property on the other hand is an investment and will grow in value and goverened by different factors - such as governments encouraging home ownership (whiled discouraging car usage). 

How do people afford flash cars?  Often they don't. They are provided by their business as a perk (and taxed accordingly.)

• 1 month ago

Seat belts , multiple air bags , electronic , computerized emissions controls , virtually every system of the car computer monitored , bluetooth , cameras , GPS ,,,,,,,,,,, all sorts of gadgets that have nothing to do with a regular " car " .

Those constitute more cost that the chassis motor and transmission .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.