? asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 4 weeks ago

Are left wingers correct when they say the Communist killings of over 100m civilians was ok compared to the 8m by Nazis as it was accidental?

'compared to' 

Try 4 mil(and that number is also going down)   Oh, and it was higher in Stalin's Russia.

Read a few books.

Leftist ideology demands that all opposition be destroyed, and that "counter revolutionaries, reactionaries, and other anti-social elements must be liquidated".  Liquidated = murdered". That means the Left says the murders of over 100 million people were not only OK, they were justified and even necessary to ensure the "inevitable triumph of international socialism".  

The next time you are talking to a committed leftist ask them if they expect to turn the world socialist.  They will say yes.  Then ask them what should be done with the people who refuse to accept socialism.  They will say something about re-education. Ask them what should be done with people who don't accept the re-education and continue to oppose socialism. I think you will find that answer to be enlightening. 

• Foofa

Do please cite which left wingers said this. I live in the land of leftists and I've never heard anyone try to excuse Stalin or Pol Pot for their attempted genocides. They all just say these men were practicing Communism incorrectly.

• Hal

I'm not lefist. But, I've never heard or read any left winger say that in any article or opinion piece, not even out of many hundreds of opinion pieces from the left I've read. (I read widely, always have)

No left winger has said that 

• ?4 weeks agoReport

compared to the Nazis

No.  Left wingers have never said the communist killings of over 100 million civilians were ok.

• ?4 weeks agoReport

So why are the Nazis regarded as more evil?

• Susie

And yet the left are more than willing to use Communist tactics to achieve their ultimate goals. And no one says the Nazis accidentally killed.  (Shaking head at these immature questions).