Taylor asked in PetsOther - Pets · 4 weeks ago

How common is it for a rabbit to pee on furniture?

I have a neutered rabbit and he has never peed or went to the bathroom outside of his cage so far ( then again he is still fairly new.) He stays in my bedroom and has free run of it for at least 4 hours a day. My bed is on the floor and he goes on it all the time. Will he eventually start to pee on my bed? 

I don't know, but he is sure is adorable!

• Ocimom

He might.  I would make sure your mattress has a waterproof cover on it before you put the sheets on it.  I limited my rabbit to about 2-3 hours max of running around in the house.  She would be kept in a hutch outside and do her business in the hutch - not in the house.

Unless they are house broken, and they can be, they may tend to poop and pee anytime the urge hits, My bunny more went in a corner so made a litter box there.

Some time passed and went in the box more than anything.

Still have to be ready for that 'Oh geez moment.

At least easy to clean after.

On beds, try a waterproof cover, and don't wear Sundays best in your lap.

Most litter trained rabbits wont but I would recommend you get a waterproof cover for your mattress just in case. 

Rabbits are actually pretty easy to housetrain.

I suggest you read up on this, and if you are seriously worried about it, raise your bed off the floor.

If this was my home, the rabbit would probably being HANGING OUT on the bed with me and the dogs and my parrot, who loves to snuggle on the bed with the rest of the “plock”.

• Jack H

Adopt a greyhound...

Rabbits are food not pets.

dontknow....................