? asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why does Yahoo staff not remove threatening, weird answers that I report?

...like when I ask a simple question abut a food recipe and I get a weird answer from an obvious psychopath telling me they know me and ranting about me

• mom

many times I report someone who uses caps or someone who is cussing and nothing is done. 

An answer has to be flagged x amount of times before it will be removed. It is also dependent of the reporter's "trust score." A few people with a high trust score will get an answer or question deleted before a lot of people with a low trust score do. None of that information is made available to the users. No one knows where they rank in terms of "trust."

Because nobody reports them. There are at least three trolls in p&s as well as horoscopes that I'd say are worth banning. 

Nothing, but nothing, is removed by one report-

something has to be reported multiple times,  to get removed. 

Doesn't matter how foul or disgusting.  Trust me, my stalker has posted the foulest crap about me  for years.......and my one report does  nothing. 

but luckily, I have many good peeps here, willing to lend a hand. 

• .

Yahoo staff doesn't remove any reported posts. Reported (flagged) posts are handled by the computer system that runs the site. A post has to be reported by enough accounts to get it removed. Gone are the days that an account could get a post removed with a single report (and when it did occur, it was only because that user's account had a very high trust rating of posting quality content and only reporting actual violations).

.

Apparently not enough other users are reporting the same posts you are, and that's why they don't get removed. Keep reporting any violations you see though. You never know who else is also reporting them, so hopefully at least some of them will drop. There are far too many reports made on the site all day, every day, for human eyes to review every single one of them - it would require a much larger staff than Verizon Media is willing for Yahoo Answers to have, because this site doesn't bring in enough revenue to make it financially feasible. 

It takes a LOT of reports to remove something nowadays. 

Your trust level is not high enough to remove a post is why it does not drop.  More users need to report the post for it to drop.  Yahoo is self-monitored meaning the members take the post down.  Not an employee of Verizon Media.  So by reporting a post, you make it disappears and you don't see what they said.  Just keep on reporting it and move on.  Don't get too worked up over it.

• Daniel

Yahoo Staff does not Moderate the Boards the Community does and it has to be Reported by a Trusted Reporter in order for it to be Removed so if a Trusted Reporter does not Report it it may not Drop

• audrey

Try making sure your questions are in the COOKING category.

What they do and do not remove seems to have no rhyme or reason.  I have seen threads vanish within seconds of being posted, while others linger forever.  I imagine the level of the user reporting along with the amount of users makes the biggest difference.