Tablets out, imagination in. Some schools are banning technology for the sake of their student's imaginations. Do you support that idea?

Technology is the way the world is moving and student not having technology in schools are not ready for real life when they graduate.  Better would be to have technology classes where students learn about technology and use it, but it's also important to learn how do math problems without a calculator or how to write a paper by hand.  

I had a 12 year old kid show me things they could do with their iPhone that I had no idea the phone could do, but they don't know how to count change.  What's wrong here?

No. Only because I have to type out all of my reports on a computer. My handwriting is too sloppy.

• bluebellbkk
      3 weeks agoReport

If you didn't have the option of typing, your handwriting might HAVE TO improve.

To a certain degree, yes, since many students become far too reliant on technology and thus fail to imagine things for themselves or even struggle to compute basic arithmetic without a calculator. However, I don't think an outright ban is the way to go - technology does have its uses, and it isn't always humanly possible to do the same tasks as a machine (certainly nowhere near as quickly, anyway).

• audrey

No. Technology is where the world is at. Banning that stuff will make kid's lives harder.

• canadacraig
      4 weeks agoReport

Harder as in 'harder for them to actually learn something'? But isn't that how we learn? Figuring out many things for ourselves without help? Like how to add up numbers in our own head, etc.

yes i do! although they still neeed to be able to live and work in the developed world. so maybe tech free periods or days