Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 4 weeks ago

Is Queen Elizabeth !! actually important to society? Or could we do without her?

Favorite Answer

I believe her role is antiquated these days. I live in Australia and although we are a member of the Commonwealth, she serves no purpose for us, though she has donated to past bushfires and may again with our current bushfires. 

A practical value:  the monarchy is good for tourism with hundreds of thousands coming yearly.....and buy lots of souvenirs  (although most are made in China now) . . . . and I think there is value in the sense of continuity, reliability and pride (at least some of the time).

• Clo

Elizabeth II is important to the countries that are part of her constitutional monarchical realms. As long as these countries wish to have a constitutional monarchy, having someone like Elizabeth is a necessity. If a country decides to become a republic, of course, they can do without a hereditary monarch.

She likes to think she is important, but she isn't and yes we could well do without her.

a tradition from the past

The cemeteries are full of people who thought they were important to society.

I suspect you would be higher up this removal list .

No one is indispensable are they? The queen is just a woman like 2600000 others in he UK, it just so happens that she is notorious in society. When she passes away life will go on for evey one else.

She's important to the Commonwealth nations.

I live in the USA where Queen Elizabeth II has no power.

I have no idea what you mean since we have like 8 billion people on the planet, meaning no one person is so vital that we need them.