Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 4 weeks ago

Is Queen Elizabeth !! actually important to society? Or could we do without her?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe her role is antiquated these days. I live in Australia and although we are a member of the Commonwealth, she serves no purpose for us, though she has donated to past bushfires and may again with our current bushfires. 

• 4 weeks ago

A practical value:  the monarchy is good for tourism with hundreds of thousands coming yearly.....and buy lots of souvenirs  (although most are made in China now) . . . . and I think there is value in the sense of continuity, reliability and pride (at least some of the time).

• Clo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Elizabeth II is important to the countries that are part of her constitutional monarchical realms. As long as these countries wish to have a constitutional monarchy, having someone like Elizabeth is a necessity. If a country decides to become a republic, of course, they can do without a hereditary monarch.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

She likes to think she is important, but she isn't and yes we could well do without her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

a tradition from the past

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The cemeteries are full of people who thought they were important to society.

• 4 weeks ago

I suspect you would be higher up this removal list .

• 4 weeks ago

No one is indispensable are they? The queen is just a woman like 2600000 others in he UK, it just so happens that she is notorious in society. When she passes away life will go on for evey one else.

• 4 weeks ago

She's important to the Commonwealth nations.

I live in the USA where Queen Elizabeth II has no power.

• 4 weeks ago

I have no idea what you mean since we have like 8 billion people on the planet, meaning no one person is so vital that we need them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.