Can I jumper/bypass a Micro-switch in a stove?

Can I jumper/bypass a Micro-switch which effects the oven to turn on in GE 30" profile electric stove (GE #JBP66COH2CC)...?....Will this

damage main circuit board?....This Micro-switch is no longer available & has no substitute part available...The top elements are working properly but the oven broil or bake will not come on unless you jiggle the Micro-switch, then only comes on at certain times....any feedback from an experienced appliance repair person would be appreciated...thanks

I checked on line & with local parts supplier, appliance repairs shops...this part/specialty switch is no longer available anywhere

my only option if I want to use the oven is to bypass the Micro-switch which effects the oven to turn on

Here is a similar problem reported to Fixya......"Door Locked" flashing on GE Oven JTP15 - can't unlock

Answer:  The problem may very well be in one of the micro switches on the self cleaning motor bracket. These switches control the electrical flow to the heating elements.

You never, never, never bypass a safety device and then turn your back on it.  Call a professional.  

It you have to ask, YOU probably can't.

A substitute part is available nearly EVERYWHERE electrical parts are sold. It probably isn't specifically listed for the stove, but there is no such thing as a switch that is no longer available.

• Michael W1 month agoReport

Sorry,do your homework... substitute part is Not available nearly EVERYWHERE 

• Bill

If you do it correctly, bypassing the switch won't damage the board. It will only remove the safety feature of turning off the broiler when the oven door is open.