What do these symptoms mean?

I haven't been feeling well. For context, I'm 16 years old. I weigh approximately 95 pounds, and I'm 5'2". For the past few months I have not been feeling like myself. My symptoms include:

~ massive stomachaches (feels like my stomach is on fire)

~ trouble swallowing (as if my esophagus is swollen)

~ falling asleep suddenly (recently I've been falling asleep while sitting up with objects in hand and lights on, which is not like me)

~ sudden ringing in ears (I haven't been able to identify a pattern with this)

~ inability to vomit (my whole life, I've thrown up at least once a month, but in the past few months I have been unable to throw up)

~ severe heart pains (feels like someone is squeezing my heart with their hands; in fact, on multiple occasions, I have woken up in the middle of the night with these pains)

~ blurry vision (comes on suddenly)

~ brain fogginess (several times a day I experience what feels like my brain is shivering; I have been unable to identify a pattern, but it feels like my mind is shaking, and I often lose memory of whatever I was previously thinking about)

~ queasiness (similar to the feeling I get when I haven't eaten, however, I've been feeling like this even when I'm well fed)

~ blackouts (randomly my eyes go completely black and then gradually fade back into light)

~ horrific nightmares (they almost always include murder, kidnapping, and rape, and are often set in ancient times that are unfamiliar to me)

What do these things mean, if anything?

Another symptom I forgot to mention is blood, just in general. I've been getting blood in my stool, bloody noses almost every day (and they hurt, they sort of feel like my head is being crushed in), and coughing up blood. It's never a ton of blood, just small amounts. Little clots here and there (besides the bloody noses) but I just thought I'd mention. I've still got no clue as to what's going on. Ideas?

Favorite Answer

Please go to the doctor, you sound sick. And if one doctor doesn't actually know what's wrong, (I read your replies, and a doctor telling you to just eat more salt is not helpful at all, they should have sent you to a specialist), or dismisses you as making it up, then go to a different doctor. It might take 2, it might take 3, or it might take 7 and a few ER visits, but you are obviously ill and need help. I hope you figure out what's going on so you're able to feel better <3 <3

Source(s): my chronic illness and the bullshit doctors ive dealt with along the way
    • Anna Belle1 month agoReport

Thank you so much, you're probably right. Being 16, the things I have to say are often dismissed as being dramatic, which is why I resorted to Yahoo😂 I'll try to get in touch with a better doctor.

I think you  may have an ulcer, reflux or gastritis, maybe all of them. Go back. Mention the blood in the stool and the burning and swelling esophagus.

They mean you should be going to see your GP/Doctor not asking idiots like me for a diagnosis.

• Moretime
      1 month agoReport

Thank U so much, I feel a lot better now.

One possibility is dehydration.  Look up on the internet how much water you should be drinking daily.

To be on the safe side, call up your doctor's office and make an appointment.

• Anna Belle1 month agoReport

I feel like I've been drinking a ton of water but I'll double check. Thank you.

Its sound like you could be mal-nourished. Do you drink a lot of caffeine? do you eat much? do you eat vegetables often? and how often do you drink water?

• Anna Belle1 month agoReport

About a year ago I didn't eat much, but I noticed the effect it was having so I started eating more, and for the past year I've been eating steadily and (I think) enough. I drink water, like, nonstop. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to get a drink. I have no clue what's going on.

• Petter

It means it's really, really, really time for a doctors appointment. Are you starving yourself? It will kill you, you know? Get help now, please.

• Anna Belle1 month agoReport

That's the thing, I'm not starving myself. In fact, I've been actively making sure to eat three meals a day, even though food is expensive haha. I love food, I could never starve myself. I don't know why I'm feeling this.

Sounds like a Doctor could better help.

• Anna Belle1 month agoReport

I agree. I went to a doctor and he told me to eat more salt?? I've been doing that for about a month now and haven't noticed any positive change. In fact, I've been feeling much worse.

I suggest just Google it always a good idea

• Anna Belle1 month agoReport

Lol you're probably right. It's just hard with so many symptoms.