Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

does anybody else hate eating bell peppers in their spaghetti. It doesn't add a whole lot of flavor anyways?

A lot of people use tri bell peppers in their pasta but its expensive but buying four bell peppers is expensive plus its not like they add lots of flavor. spaghetti is supposed to be a cheap dish, the bell peppers make it expensive. I spent $10 just on bell peppers/

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Peppers are a common ingredient in sauces but aren’t in all of them.  And four is a lot, I guess it depends on your recipe.  Also, where you are buying your peppers.

My two favorite tomato based pasta sauces don’t have peppers at all.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

When your'e having pasta / spaghetti, if you roast the bell peppers before cooking the pasta, sweat the skins off, they will scrape off easily. Then when you add them to your pasta dish to warm through they will be a lot tastier in the dish.

Any left over roasted & peppers can be stored in a little olive oil in a jar kept in the fridge for a week at least.

• abcdef
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Well it might be true that Italians don't put bell peppers in their spaghetti - I don't know - but spaghetti has become more a fusion dish - i.e. international - and if you wish to add peppers to the sauce, then you should and if you don't, don't.  As for expense, you don't to add an entire pepper (depending how many you're serving) so the cost of one quarter or one half a bell pepper isn't too extravagant.  I find there is an added flavor as well as added nutrition and I like peppers - especially the red ones.  But it's an individual taste..

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I use bell peppers  in pasta sauce as they give some additional texture and color and nutrients I sure as HELL don't use 4 of them, maybe half of two different colored peppers  - and I buy them on sale. The rest are eaten raw or the onion peppers and sausage. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No. I don't like much in my spaghetti.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I love to put red and green capsicums in my pasta sauce.  But I must admit they're not necessary.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'm 67 years old and don't think I've EVER eaten spaghetti that had bell peppers in it.

If you don't want peppers in your spaghetti, then don't add them. I don't know anyone who does.

• zeno
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Spaghetti has no vitamins or minerals so

It's junk food and causes obesity. Bell

peppers are full of vitamins so keep

Eating them and trash the spaghetti.

Eat beneficial natural foods.

• 4 weeks ago

Italians do not use bell peppers in their spaghetti. Where did you get that idea from? 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

no one uses bell peppers boomer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.