Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

What have you done or will you do to support our Veterans on Veteran's Day?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I went to Hardies and bought a veteran I know a sausage biscuit

it was good too !!!

• 1 month ago

20% off food & drinks at my bar for all the Active Duty, Reserve, NG, and veterans (with valid ID and/or other proofs of veteran status).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make them feel safe and welcomed!.

Today I'm going to Adult day care center and there are allot of Vietnam vets there , me and my dad are going to them allot of pizza today .

• Cozette
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

"Make them feel safe and welcomed"#jealous!  I graduated from HS in 1965... small town Utah USA.
      I moved to Hayward Cali.  My new friends and I would go to Oak Knoll Hospital to visit the guys convalescing from Vietnam war.  There is nothing in history to compare with the 1960s here in America.  

• 1 month ago

I live in Italy now.......US NAVY veteran that I am.........and right outside my house, in the Church  parking lot.....there is a War memorial,  that most around here  disresepct and throw trash all over. 

I make it my BUSINESS to keep the monument clean, and pick up all the litter and cigarette butts,  and make sure it looks especially good, on the days  the veterans HERE  gather in front of it, to hold their ceremonies. 

In Italy.....April 25th is one of those days,  (like our July 4th) 

Or Nov 1st.....All Saints Day, when ALL the dead are honored and remembered.

There is a big ceremony and church blessing in front of the Monument, with a band and everything........and I am the one who makes sure, the monument is up to snuff  for the ceremony.   I've even repaired various bits  that have broken off.....and fixed the chain. 

For all the show, and pomp,  it's rather ironic , that it's the American who actually maintains the monument all year, .....out of respect. 

• Cozette
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Living in Italy #jealous! Biggest reason to go is the new LDS Rome Italy Temple... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V-rZulYi0U

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

My wife and I are bringing our dogs to the VA in Miami and Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital as comfort and companions. A continuing tradition we started when we moved here from NYC. We started it in 1990 in NYC. Although in complete transparency we only visit the VA once a year. We visit the children's hospital twice a month.

• 1 month ago

Appreciate my freedom and Constitutional rights they upheld and hold. 🇺🇸

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I've been staunchly anti-war, especially against Republicans' endless "blood for oil" wars.  I favor bringing ALL our troops home....ALIVE!

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

OBAMA engaged in more 'blood for oil' than EVERY Republican in your lifetime.

• 1 month ago

I volunteer at a soup kitchen.  Trust me when I say that that didn't so directly relate to helping veterans, but unfortunately politicians only give a crap about helping homeless veterans while they're running for office.  Once they get in... Not so much.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

day off from school thats what

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.