Christians, have you heard of Dan Barker, Evangelical preacher turned atheist?

Probably another scam. 

I haven't heard of him, but he started off at a young age in the charismatic/pentacostal movement and at 16 he was choir librarian for faith-healer Kathryn Kuhlman’s Los Angeles appearances. That alone tells me that he worked for a "wacko" look at some videos of Kuhlman( she was a weirdo that a guy by the name of Benny Hinn(TV "healer" would go to her grave and he said he would "extract" healing powers from her grave) Ya, weird. So if he hung around those what I call false teachers, It wouldn't surprise me at all!!!! and also he makes this comment................... Dan says. “I just lost faith in faith. His faith was not in Jesus Christ, his faith is in faith....... which is what the Word of Faith teachers teach, their faith is in faith, that is why if you hear many of them teach it's what the "power of faith" can do, not the power of God. Was he ever born again, transformed by Jesus Christ................ he says he lost his faith in FAITH.

• Annonymous
      1 month agoReport

It doesn't say NOT to judge, it says be careful HOW you judge. Since I was in the Word of Faith movement years ago............... I can tell you a lot about it.

Have you heard of Lee Strobel? He was a hard core atheist who started studying the Bible to disprove it but became convicted of it's truth and was converted to Christianity.

• el1 month agoReport

Yes, I have heard of him.

Maybe. So what? He simply doesn't know.

Some who were on this site seven years ago left and that is because they did not know what to believe and some were my friends and wish could still talk to them because they deserve more for all their years of hard work trying to help others on here.

• 1 month agoReport

... try reading the question 

He was never a Christian 

• Goldy Aluminy
      1 month agoReport

That's called the No true Scottsman fallacy. It is a popular fallacy used by christians.

I too have had to lock horns with the legalistic evangelical church.

But I did not use this as a pretext to becoming an atheist. It sounds like

someone put a stumbling block in front of him, to cause him to fall so that he may

never recover. But there is still hope. Lets be careful on how we handle the God

we believe in. It is sad.

• Goldy Aluminy
      1 month agoReport

On the contrary, it is good to be a skeptic when there is no evidence for the jewish god.

• So, what's your point. Judas Iscariot was chosen by Jesus Christ as a disciple yet he gave in to temptation by Satan and betrayed Jesus Christ. The Holy Scriptures say that in latter days the love of many would cool off. It's prophesied.

• Goldy Aluminy
      1 month agoReport

It's normal for some to leave a religion and for some to join it. There is nothing holy or prophetic about such a claim.

• Tim

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYfV8_T1j8

Youtube thumbnail

• Ala

I have a feeling that he saw a lot of hypocrisy.