Mog

How do you tell if a 2015 Nissan Rogue has intelligent All Wheel Drive?

My mom bought a used Nissan Rogue for her commute that the dealer said has AWD. But the AWD Lock is useless because it disengages at 25mph. I need to know if it’s in AWD the rest of the time at highway speeds or if it changes to rear wheel drive when the AWD Lock disengages. I checked the owners manual. It didn’t help at all. It just said models equipped with intelligent AWD will be in AWD and models that are not will be in RWD unless the (useless) AWD Lock is engaged. 

• Joe

Ask it what's the capitol of North Dakota.  Naw, just kidding.  It's easiest to go back to the guy who sold it to you.

The way the system works is it always starts out in AWD up to 25 mph at which time it goes back to 2WD unless the traction control senses a tire slipping. The Snow switch changes the AWD to go to 45 mph before going back to 2WD.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech / Infiniti Tech

Ask your Nii-san