Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is 126 pounds a good weight for someone 5'8.5 inches tall?

I really want to be 118.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's a good weight for your height. 

• Frank
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Your BMI is already CLOSE to being UNDERWEIGHT. You are fine...18.9 BMI

18.5 and below is UNDERWEIGHT.

• 1 month ago

depends on a lot of factors, your gender, age, bone structure , where your weight gets distributed.

if you are really just narrow and small framed person , you probably can get away with being normal.

but for many people of that height, 126 would be really hard to  maintain or even get to that number unless they starved themselves. 

I would say if you are full grown man, that would most likely be really scrawny, but maybe a small framed woman can get away with it 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

A 5'8" female should weigh 130 - 151 lbs and a male that height 146 - 169 lbs, depending on body frame size, per the calculator here https://www.freedieting.com/ideal-body-weight

126 lbs is slightly underweight, so if female and with a small frame, it wouldn't be a problem. 118 would be underweight, and if she had a medium or large frame (or the person was male) they would be significantly underweight.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You're good weight-wise. As long as you're healthy (have a varied diet, okay activity levels, feel ok)! Here's a secret brought to me by my health teacher (who was also a professional trainer): BMI is this bullshit and should not be used in any professional medical fashion. There are many factors that play into weight.

If you want to be 118 there's nothing wrong with that, but try setting another (not weight/numbers specific) goal instead. Like, "I want to have a healthier lifestyle." Muscle weighs more than fat, so it's not uncommon to gain weight when becoming fit. And if you do decide to exercise more, you have to eat more as well to make up for the energy you're expending. Also drink tons of water because dehydration is the devil.

Healthy food isn't just fruits and vegetables. Food is healthy when you pay attention to your nutritional intake. Some 'unhealthy' foods are packed with fats and proteins, which is really good for you and can give you tons of energy if you make sure you balance everything out. You can have the same fatty and heavy lunch if you eat a different kind of meal with different kinds of nutrients for dinner. So get rid of your ideas of healthy and not healthy, because it's all about balance. Eating more snacks or smaller meals throughout the day is also good!

So yeah for food just track what you're eating, and don't count the calories too much. You gotta make sure you're getting enough, but other than that don't limit them much, if at all. If you feel hungry, there is a reason; you either need food or something to drink.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes it is and that is to low

• 1 month ago

Whatever you're comfortable with. We can't tell you what you ought to weigh.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not if you're unhealthy, no.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is a good weight at 126.

If you have areas you still don't like - then do target exercises to try to shape the areas that you aren't happen with.  

Weight is just a number - forget the number and focus on how you actually LOOK.  

• 1 month ago

i think its a good weight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.