Anonymous

Is it okay to respond to work emails on Sundays? Why or why not? ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Technically no, unless you're salaried exempt you must be paid for your time. Most people figure it evens out with the time spent on personal things like phone calls and texts and emails during your work hours

• 4 weeks ago

For me,responding to work emails on Sunday is okay as long as it is very important. But if it can wait til Monday when its work time then I'll respond Monday instead. Sunday is your family day so you should be spending your time with them and avoid working as much as possible.

• 4 weeks ago

Jan 2, 2019 - His intention was to concentrate on the business and not be distracted. Of course, because he ... Is it OK to not reply to a professor's email during the weekends?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Depends on if you want to continue being an employee. Ignoring them would not be good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Tricky,

IF you are hourly, then NO. You may not reply until you are on the Clock. In my state, even receiving a business communication (i.e. phone call) might require you to be on the Clock (Paid for your time, which might involve overtime).

IF you are salary, Yes, you may. In fact you might have to according to your employment agreement.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes it's okay.  Your choice.

• 4 weeks ago

i dont see why not but they might not read them till monday

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.