Are Veterans Day and Memorial Day tricks to legitimize boy's stupidity for becoming a soldier?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No they are not. Veteran's Day is a day to appreciate all veterans of the United States armed forces and Memorial Day is a day to show respect for those that died so that you can ask stupid questions and not have to be worried about being hauled off to a reeducation camp..

• 4 weeks ago

War may not be the noble and honorable thing some make it out to be, but the people serving still sacrifice to serve our country and often risk their lives to do it. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

NO. Your apparent lack of respect for veterans  sickens me. You have no clue of the debt you owe. 

• 4 weeks ago

Id like to think not. But the question has some merit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You are both very immature and very arrogant. During most of America's wars, men were drafted into the service. Stupid had nothing to do with it unless you consider them stupid for not getting a doctor's note to excuse them. Many were killed and seriously wounded. They had to leave their families, wives and children for years. Do you begrudge them a day of public recognition in appreciation of their sacrifices?

• j153e
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

While war is horrendous and often is politicized ambition of some "leaders," it is not totally correct to assume all is disinformation.  Memorial Day began as many local observances, often women bringing flowers to soldiers' graves (e.g., in both the South and North, during the Civil War).  The Women's Relief Corps was a major factor after that, as State after State began to honor what was a citizens' movement respecting their folk.

Veterans' Day was originally Armistice Day, a celebration for world peace.

On the horizon, unless it falls by some unforeseen process, the People's Republic of China is a world-class military society, controlling its citizens, with specific agendas to dominate the world ("Unrestricted Warfare"). 

https://freeweibo.com used to be a more authentic site, but still has occasional news about some of the "on the horizon" matters.

• 4 weeks ago

Memorial day is about those who aren't here anymore because of a cause. That cause was you and I. Veterans day on the other hand is about a much larger portion of society of which I am a part. And I really don't want any recognition for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.