Anna asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

Best store to buy turtles online?

What is the best website to buy turtles on? I’m looking to buy a spotted turtle. I was thinking about ordering from myturtlestore.com, www.backwaterreptiles.com, or www.tortoisetown.com

I havent heard much feedback on tortoisetown...  But backwater doesnt have the best reviews.

Id suggest you check out some reptile expos in your area.  Talk to any vendors that have turtles.   You will likely find a much better deal, and you can physically examine the animal before purchase.   If they do not have the specie you are interested in, some may know resources on where to buy one 

I just bought a really pretty baby ball python at an expo for $10.    Hes healthy, a good eater, and has a wonderful temperament.

• odd

I hope you know what you are doing. Turtles (and tortoises) are a lot of work if you plan on keeping them alive and healthy. They also live a long time. I would go to a reptile expo and pick out the one you want from the batches and assortments offered. You'd never buy a puppy on line w/o seeing it in comparison to others in the litter turtles are the same way. You don't want to end up with a sick one.

I would buy from a reptile specific pet store or go to a reptile expo.

i would just go to a petstore