Is it just me?

So i recently went to the doctor and he didn’t say anything was wrong with my heart so i didn’t mention it but in a conversation with my mom later on i told her that my heart does a weird thing where it slows down to the point that i get dizzy and feel nauseous and it will beat like that for a few minutes before speeding up and going faster than it usually does and beats like that before going back to normal. 

My mom said i should’ve told my doctor but since he didn’t mention my heartbeat even though it was doing the weird thing i thought it was fine. Does your heart do this or is it just mine?

Here is how the heartbeats beat if that helps

Normal- •___•___•___•___•___•___•

When it slowed down-•______•_____•______•______•_____•

When it sped up-•__•__•_•_•_•_•__•__•_•_•_•_•_•

skipping beats is not always abnormal..

Caffeine, alcohol, stress, fear, fatigue and electrolyte-imbalance (caused by dehydration and menstruation) are often associated with skipped heart-beats, so you may want to skip coffee, soft drinks and tea; adding more salt (Sodium Chloride) and more Bananas (Potassium) into the diet; and adopting stress-relieving techniques..there is actually a medical term for it, but people often assume the symptoms once they look up into that medical term..yes.. reading about that medical condition can trigger or worsen the skipping beats..

the rhythm of the heart beat is not that important..but what is more important are the blood pressure BP and the heart rate HR.. as long your heart can maintain a stable BP, the rhythm takes a secondary concern..you should be able to maintain the HR around 60-100 beats for one minute at rest.. the term 'at rest' is important because exercise and being emotional can cause the HR to go over 100 beats per minute, and cause the BP to go high..the term 'at rest' means measuring the BP and HR after 30 minutes of sitting still in a room with normal comfortable temperatures and without any stress nor high-emotions (such as being sad or angry, in a very cold or very hot room, reading a very enjoyable book with bad news on the radio and a scary movie on TV).. if the HR is less than 60 beats per minute or more than 100, the HR maybe a cause of concern..

most doctors would treat common problems with common easy solutions..

if you live in the mountains away from the sea, he/she may recommend more salt and more sea-food in your diet; and maybe some bananas and more red meat as well..  and when that first line of management fails, then more solutions would be offered..

and finally, being nausea and dizzy is very common to a myriad of illnesses from fatigue to cancers.. they do not point toward one cause or toward one direction.. it could be anything!!

however in relations to heart diseases, doctors would be concerned about dizziness and nausea if it is accompanied with difficulties in breathing, chest pains, palpitations 'at-rest', abnormal heart sounds (heart-murmurs) and history of a heart problem..

all the best..

• Byrd

And how do you know this

• :)4 weeks agoReport

Because its my heartbeat

There is absolutely no way to answer that without actually seeing the rhythm, so that means you probably need a holter monitor, just listening for a few seconds is not enough unless you were actually in the arrythmia.  But in any event, becoming symptomatic because of it (dizzy faint etc) is always abnormal and needs to be addressed. You need to evaluated actually by a cardiologist-so get going on that.

mine dont do that but i would talk to your doctor about it