Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 1 month ago

South Korea Re-entry ?

I'm travelling to South Korea for a week next Sunday. As a British citizen i do not require a visa to enter (as a tourist) for up to 90 days. I will fly to Japan (also no visa required) early one morning and return later the same day. Do i need a re-entry visa for South Korea? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, you do not. All visitors arriving from countries with a visa-waiver agreement with South Korea are automatically granted a multiple-entry visa upon arrival. You may enter South Korea for any period of time that does not exceed the maximum time allotted to you, leave the country for any period of time, and then re-enter without a problem; however, you might want to go ahead and book your final ticket out of the country before re-entering. Why? Well, just to be on the safe side in case Korean Immigration asks what your plans are. Leaving the country for a single span of 24 hours might raise eyebrows, and while there's no official policy against it, some Korean Immigration officials can be sticklers and have nothing better to do than ask questions, so have solid responses prepared in case you're asked why you left, why you're returning, how long you plan to stay, where you'll be staying in country, etc. 

• temesha1 month agoReport

Thank you! I can’t wait :) Have a great day 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would ask immigration this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.