max asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Why do Americans think Civilian gun ownership is a necessity?

As far as I’m considered no civilian needs a gun unless they use it for hunt

• JOHN B
    Favorite Answer

Why is freedom of speech necessary?

Why is freedom of the press necessary?

Why is freedom of religion necessary?

The freedom of gun ownership is what's keeping the Socialist (sic) Fascist, Communist, anti-constitution government majority from making the Constitution irrelevant.

1) It’s a given right that has always been in our  Constitution 

2) Because we want to protect ourselves from people

3) So our military and stuff won’t take over and boss around us like other foreign countries

• F

In case the commies invade.

The ownership of guns by private citizens in the United States is our right, not regarded as a "neccesity".

Take a serious course in the founding of the USA, through the Revolution, the US Constitution, and the Bill of Rights and you will understand.  If not, you will never understand.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting. As long as it is part of the Constitution you have a right to own a gun. Your opinion is your opinion. If you do not want a gun, do not buy one but do not think your opinion overrides my rights.

We don't think that at all, it is a right, guns give us freedom, they give us protection, they put food on the table, otherwise they sit in their case collecting dust like an unused tool.

Like the condom in your wallet, better to have one and not need it,,than to need it and not have it.

I am up for a bet here, and I will bet a few bad guys break down your door to kill you, rape your wife and kids, steal your possessions, you will wish you had a belt fed machine gun to stop it.

• Rick

"As far as I'm concerned"......If you're not an American (U.S. Citizen) you're not  concerned at all.  

• Richard
      1 month agoReport

I agree with you 100%.  Why is it anybodies business  what I own or want.

Cowboy mentality.   shoot there shoot here and hooahhh (like the marines).   and because the economy relies on firearms.   Also there are so many gun owners who sell firearms online and they sell it to anyone as long as they have the money.  Including to teens.

BTW I'm also a gun enthusiast but I have converted myself to airguns.  I think .22 cal airguns is good enough for hunting and target shooting (paper targets).   I can shoot in my backyard and the noise wouldnt bother my neighbors.  There was a moron on TV who use his FRONT yard as a shooting range (he has a ruger 10/22).  The guy was arrested and put in jail for noise complain and misuse of his firearms. 

PS: For self defense, I prefer a pepper spray. 

• WayneH

There are bad people out there who attack good people every day.  I prefer to be able to defend myself and loved ones.  And maybe a jerk like you.