If I don't have kids am I still supposed to go to a child's birthday party?

I really don't have the energy for it but he's my 2nd cousin. It's a 5 he party how long is reasonable to stay, I just feel like an idiot sitting there with no kid. I will take a gift but I'd rather sit in thehluse and relax on my off day. 

• Elsa

Hi there! Well,i personally would still go,even of i do not have any child myself. 

It is up to you whether going or not going, though, so if you do not feel in the mood for it, then you do not have to go. Do not worry. 

Ad for buying him a gift, though, yes,you should get him one.  Either a gift or a birthday card.  You can give it to già mother for him.

• Edna

Of course you don't have to attend a 5-year-old kid's birthday party if you don't have kids of your own at the party - especially not for a 2nd cousin. Buy a gift (if you think you must), drop it off with the kid's mother, and leave. 

I don't think you'll need to stay very long. Pop in, drop off a gift, tell his parents that he's a good kid, and you can leave. (Do tell them ahead of time that you won't be able to stay a long time.)

• GB

Decline the invitation. You don't need to get a card or present either.

• Mark

This shôuld really be a non-issu & it sound

to me from yur own prsonal qustion here

that you'v already made up your mind ânywây.

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

Then send a card with $10 in it and relax at home that day. I don't see the problem

No i wouldn't go!

Is it an obligation or mandatory?.....

• Linda

You don't have to. Send a gift and make an excuse why you can't go.

why don’t you just go for an hour and drop off the birthday present and have a bit of cake then make an excuse that you have to rush off?