How can one get a copy of police record on auto accident.How long the record is kept?

• zipper

You go to the Police and ask them: FOOL!

You go to a specific station OR Police Headquarters - it varies - and in MY State you prove you were involved in the specific accident.   You then pay $.25 and get a photocopy of the report.

The record is kept until the end of time, usually switched to microfilm after 7 years.

• May

Reports are available from the police station that investigated the accident.  There is normally a small "copy fee".  How long they are kept depends on the station.

From the police, specifically whichever police department investigated the accident.  Dumbass.

• Jay P

Contact the police and ask them.

If such a report is made available to you or how long such records are kept depends on where in the world you are.  Yahoo is universal.  Police procedures and record keeping are not...

• David

I had one earlier this year when a teenager girl rear ended me at a stoplight. The police officer told me that the police report would be on file for two years, but that's just the city I live in. It may be different where you are.