New car insurance? ?

Hello I'm a new driver . Got my licence in april and started driving in June,  I'm currently insured with more than smart wheels for my little fiesta.. I bought a new vauxhall corsa Friday and it wont be ready to collect until wednesday or Thursday... my problem is how do I go about insuring it as for the meantime I still need to use my original car to travel to and from work   . Its not like I can swap it over as I dont have the vehicle on my path yet and I dont wanna leave my current car uninsured . They'll also need to remove the black box and refit it in new car . Thanks 

Favorite Answer

You call your insurance company and ask them to change your insurance to the new car on the day you pick it up.  They do it all the time.

• May

Sounds like you may be in the UK but Nearly all insurance companies in the USA will cover both the new car and the old for often 30 days.  It is likely the same where are...............

BUT !   Simply call your insurance company.  They will advise you on how to do this.

What?  I have no idea what "I don't have the vehicle on my path yet ..." means.

If you buy a replacement vehicle you notify your insurance company of the date the insurance should transfer from one vehicle to another.

If you want both insured you add one vehicle to the policy on a date you choose.

you tell more than you are changing your car ..say next wednesday ...from midnight tuesday ..they will insure both ..then switch the box ..but you have not said whats happening to your old car ...you must leave it off the road if uninsured ...

• Rebekah4 weeks agoReport

Old car will probably get scrapped . I'm surprised it's still driving