alex asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Rice pudding?

Rice pudding  ...

which not only has an ancient rice culture, but also an ancient sugar culture.

Rice pudding is a dish which is made by rice with milk and other ingredients 

I may have had rice pudding

Grain gruels are the oldest prepared foods on the planet. That being the case it stands to reason that rice pudding was first invented in China where rice was first cultivated on a large scale. However, if I were to guess I'd say India, which not only has an ancient rice culture, but also an ancient sugar culture.

Dead children...

• ted

Rice pudding is something I've never eaten, because rice is paired with savory food in my culture

• IvaB

Is that supposed to be an actual question ?

I grew up eating my mom's baked rice pudding. She always made two; one with raisins and one without.  I never saw the creamy style that to me, is basically vanilla pudding with rice and spices in it, until I was older.  That is OK, but I like a dense, firm pudding.

• Lôn

Yes, please...full-fat milk.

• Lôn
      1 month agoReport

You South Waleans are more adventurous than us up here!

I don't eat it. It's too milky.