why does my kettle not make tea or coffee hot for long?

ive had a kettle that is a little over 6 months old, but in recent times when i boil the kettle for a cup of tea or coffee, i boil the kettle, pour the hot water in the mug with the tea bag and milk already in,  let it brew for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally...then i take my mug of tea to the living room and put it on the table, but then minutes later the mug of tea is already warm and not piping hot? when i've only just brewed it?

why is this? is it the kettle that is deficient or the mug i'm using?

Favorite Answer

If the water has boiled, then it has got as hot as it can possibly get and any cooling that happens would happen no matter what you boiled the water in. I can't see what difference the mug would make. Drink your tea sooner if you want to drink it hotter. But why are you putting the milk in before the water? That means the tea is not getting the benefit of the boiling water as the milk immediately cools it down. Brew the tea and then put the milk in.

• denise

Dont put your milk in until you've poured boiling water over the teabag, squeeze the bag, add the milk, stir, then drink your tea.

Some mugs can cool the tea quicker, you'll just have to test them out.

Best as I can tell from your question details, you are losing heat through the sides of your mug. I think you'll keep the brew hotter longer if you switch to a thermos mug designed to hold heat. You see, the moment you pour that hot water into the mug, the heat is escaping into the air. If you go to Amazon.com and search thermos mugs or cups, you'll find a long list of heat retaining mugs. And some are not expensive (e.g., $10).

• Jo4 weeks agoReport

Stop encouraging them to drink coffee and tea!

Here's an idea: stop drinking tea and coffee. Both are boring ******* drinks that belong in the trash. Why don't you drink some water or juice?!