rena asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How healthy is pasta?

I’m trying a new kind of diet, where I eat less of the things I’m already eating... how much is a healthy portion of white spaghetti? This includes a Lloyd Grossman sauce.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Check the serving size on the box. It will tell you how many grams per serving. 

Then cook The whole box and divide it into ziploc bags and keep them frozen to use when you’re ready to eat. You can also keep it in the fridge but  it will only be good for a few days. 

Also, try to eat it for lunch and not for supper. Stick with lighter foods At night. Like meat and veggies instead of heavy carbs like pasta and potatoes. 

Good luck. 

• 4 weeks ago

It isn't. It's made of flour, which is not good for you. 

• Prissy
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I eat pasta every day 😂.

Pasta is actually very healthy, if you do not exaggerate with the dressings and you do not eat too much of it. I recommend you whole wheat pasta, because it is better for health. Besides, it is very important that is is not overcooked. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not very. There are healthier alternatives to regular pasta like lentil pasta or chickpea pasta. Lower in carbs, high in protein and has nutritional value. Pretty good too. 

The best options would be things like seaweed pasta and vegetable pasta (like sphagetti squash, spiralized zucchini etc).  Obviously these are not going to be real close to what wheat pasta is but you can always try them and see if you like them. 

All that being said, if you eat the occasional bowl of regular pasta it aint gonna kill you. Just enjoy it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it's not, according to a certified nutritionist that runs a health-food store, I believe her

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

one half cup of pasta

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Pasta's not healthy.  It's just a lot of empty calories.  It offers no nutrients, no fiber, nothing.  Pasta is 100% complex carbohydrates.  So if you're going to run a marathon tomorrow, it's great.  Beyond providing you loads of energy that will be available for you to draw on hours from now and into tomorrow, it has no nutritional value but, in fact, is bad for you because it spikes your insulin production causing you to store fat.  A diet of pasta, unless it's matched by a lot of exercise or strenuous work so as to burn off all its empty calories, will make you fat.  And while getting fat is down the road, it will also make you look and feel fat immediately since all of the pasta's refined grain burning off in your body produces intestinal gases that will make you bloated. 

• Linda
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Usually about 3/4 cup is a serving. Go easy on the sauce. One tbsp should do.

• 1 month ago

Pretty healthy.........

• 1 month ago

Regular old wheat pasta is loaded with carbs, made from grain. It's not the healthiest choice in the world. There is Pasta Zero and other pasta substitutes which are far healthier.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.