Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why do idiots think child abuse causes mental health issues?

It doesn’t. People need to let go of their past. What is done is done.

I am quite sure that you are not qualified to make those claims

So your tripe is moot!

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

Sometimes people go through things during their childhood that can't be forgotten...

I was born to a 19 year old mother and a 14 year old father who was arrested when I turned 3. Because of my dysfunctional parents I was born with heavy traces of weed and cocaine in my system, and milder traces of meth and acid. My mother was a stripper and would leave me to fend for myself at the very young ages of 1-3. She'd be passed out on the bed while I was crawling around with no diaper because it had fallen off, and nothing to eat so I ate lotion and soap. At one point I even ate my mother's weed.

I got locked in tiny closed spaces for hours even days for eating stuff that's wasn't food, because I was hungry. When I was old enough to sit up I would bang on the locked door so hard my knuckles bled.

She left me at strangers houses for months at a time, where they would abuse me to (Physically, emotionally, and mentally... I don't know if I was ever sexually abused). The longest she left me was 6 months...

Now you being the close minded ****** you are may think that mental health issues are not related to child abuse. But you're ******* wrong!

I have kleptomania because I learned from a young age to survive I had to steal.

I have ODD because I was neglected at such a young age, and grew up very:

-defiant

-and independent

I have MDD because I came in contact with my mother after 13 years and she mentally and emotionally abused me yet again.

So before you post this idiotic **** again take a look at what other people have gone through, and screw your head on a little tighter.

Before I screw it for you.

Source(s): I'm 17 years old now...
    • eweezey1 month agoReport

I’m sorry you had to go through that! I had a rough childhood, but since age 18 I have been on my own and I have been very successful with luxuries I couldn’t have imagined!  You will work hard and have success also. You will be able to provide your children the happy home you never had.

sorry that dude down there detailed ur death in a horrifying manner but you sir, are an idiot. don't discount others' experiences just because you haven't been through it yourself. Sincerely hope you have a great day. 

Source(s): my childhood trauma

Some of this goes beyond mere depression,  in fact Bi-Polar-1 or 2 also include chemicals that reside in your brain.   These chemicals cause severe actions, almost like food allergies.  

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

she's an 8 year old pretending to not use diapers..

Extreme ignorance. My childhood sexual abuse caused me to be homeless, hospitalised, suicidal, and to this day I suffer from what they call ptsd and also mdd. i live the abuse like it is happening each day from triggers around me. ive had a really hard life and people like you dont help, nor do the male assholes surrounding me who think that women are here for their pleasure. proud to be a scarred female warrior who unfortunately lives in a piss ignorant , evil world full of idiots who think their **** doesnt stink and penis trumps all. i believe in the end love wins, god wins, and people are accountable. men suffer too from abuse and in general abuse is everywhere. child abuse causes suicides daily. you have no clue, so please dont be ignorant. whats done is NOT done, it stays with you for the rest of your life. 

You’re the idiot.  I can’t stand people like you who’ve never suffered any real worries in their life and tell others to basically get over the most painful experiences of their lives.  Don’t you think if it really was that easy we’d all be doing it.  You’re so ignorant! 

Has the awareness of

how broken you are ever actually dawned on you? Take my word...the damage from your own childhood abuse is pretty obvious to most of us on here. But I guess the wrong kind of attention is better than no attention at all, right? Bitterness can be very isolating. I know. 

Cite your source. This has been studied by scientists. If you really believe it’s true, then look up scientific studies on it and cite them. (Hint, you’re wrong, but looking up the studies will educate you.)

I hope there’s no one in your life that you’re saying this to who has been abused. That would be cruel.

If you’ve been abused, please get therapy or call a hotline. Your denial suggests you’ve bought in to what an abuser says, or you are the abuser, and you need help.

• Diane A
      1 month agoReport

Its a spammer

I can only assume that general ignorance is your main mental health issue, judging by this question.