Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

He is extremely caring but never says anything romantic and I don't  understand anything. Does he like me?

There's this guy I met at work. He is good looking, polite and well mannered. We look at each other but are too shy to admit our feelings. Last time he heard a clash of cars behind me and turned to look if I was involved, then a friend of his told him to accept a co-workers lift to go hone, but he declined without saying why, and he waited with me for the bus in the cold, like 40 minutes in the dark. I was cold and kept shivering, my hands were purple and he offered me his gloves saying hw didn't need them. I said no but he insusted and smiled at me in a shy way. On the bus he sat else where. I like him but we are too cold with each other, it's awkward. He is always kind and low-key worried about me. But he's  like, 8 years older and I am less experienced than a middle schooler, I didn't even have a first kiss

• Noah
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like he's just being polite, now I might be wrong on this so ask him out!

Some people just dont become friends or get to know coworker.

Plus they would never date their co workers

So they dont hang, tell personal info, allow other to pri.

Stop trolling IMHO,

He didn't sit with you on the bus?

• Alan H

You need to play your part. Smile very sweetly when you see him.    Await his response.

But do not hesitate if asked out.

Don't date anyone at work

You're being too hard on yourself. The key question is whether this guy is a strong person. If you have the opportunity, just say “hi” when you see him. Be pleasant and if you have a chance, get him talking about himself by asking him an open ended (one that can't be answered yes or no) question like, “What do you like to do in your spare time?” Share something related to what he said and then ask him another question. If he’s a strong man he’ll eventually take the initiative and ask you out.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), forget about this guy unless he’s a strong person, and eventually look for this type of guy (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of man is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS Here are "21 tips that could help you to attract a strong person" from the book True Love Lasts:

1. Take the time and put in the effort to become a strong person yourself (this is the most important tip)

2. Put yourself in as many situations as possible that will allow you to potentially come in contact with other strong people - community service organizations, the library, high school or college clubs, the “Y” or other workout facilities, religious book studies, coffee shops, non-alcoholic parties, bookstores, concerts (wear a good pair of earplugs to protect your ears from permanent hearing loss), co-ed recreational athletic teams, community service projects, mission trips, volunteer service, etc. Try to get to know other people as much as possible without dating

3. Be cheerful, approachable, and friendly - smile regularly to put others at ease (let people see your positive attitude)

4. Take a real interest in getting to know others. Ask people an open-ended question about themselves in order to get them talking. Share things related to what’s been said as needed to keep the conversation going. Then ask them another question

5. Be polite and kind to everyone - even to people who you don’t like or enjoy being around

6. If you decide to not accept a request for a date, do it in a kind way (being rude isn’t a good choice and it doesn’t help you - word about it will get out and you’ll become less approachable)

7. Be confident about yourself - if you’re trying to become a stronger person each day, you already have a lot going for you

8. Be humble - don’t act like you’re Miss Charming or you’re Mr. Wonderful

9. Don’t be concerned about whether or not someone likes you

10. Have the attitude that if someone doesn’t like you - they don’t really know you

11. Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep (at least nine hours for teens, at least seven hours for adults according to the experts), exercising regularly (if approved by your doctor), and eating a healthy diet

12. Develop a good sense of humor - including the ability to laugh at your own mistakes

13. Be known as a hard worker

14. Dress well and dress modestly at the same time (wearing seductive clothing doesn’t attract another strong person)

15. Pay attention to your appearance, but don’t obsess over it (remember that strong people are attracted to other strong people, they’re not too concerned about looks - because they realize that looks fade with age). If you use makeup, make sure it’s not excessive. Use perfumes and colognes sparingly - if at all

16. Truly care about other people

17. Stay in close communication with real friends who can help you through the ups and downs of life and hold you accountable

18. Be patient - real friends can help you with this

19. Persevere - please remember that almost nothing worthwhile is quick and easy. Please don’t settle for dating a weak person

20. Don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t want to date you

21. Don’t act desperate for a date

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up