Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Should I take my cat back to the vet asap, or can I wait?

I got back a few hours from getting my cats thyroid levels checked. She hates going to the vet, and I dont want to take her back. She had also been scratching her head. It had been determined that s she had a scab from a thorn bush, and she was scratching at the scab, and the vet wasnt concerned about it. Something I just remembered is sometimes I see her scratching under her neck. I briefly mentioned it to my vet, but I think he forgot and i also forgot. I just remembered. She doesnt seem uncomfortable, like shes not scratching ot all the time. We were waiting for the vet for 2 hours, and I didnt see her scratch it once, but there is a small spot of hair loss with a slight pink spot about the size of a pea. Is this worth taking her in again tomorrow? I know they are booked all day tommarrow, but she I do a walk

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Angel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you have any questions or concerns and you were just at the vets, give them a call and ask. They can determine weather they need you to come back or not.

• 4 weeks ago

is your cat on methimazole??  one of the side effects of that medication is "self-mutilation" resulting in scratching about the face and neck, and that is a serious side effect--I would call your vet and discuss your concerns. (particularly if your cat is on methimazole)

• Nicholas4 weeks agoReport

The cat isnt even mine, it's my moms. Her, and everyone at the vet treat me like a joke, because I apparently worry too much, and I don't want to go back there if I dont have to.

• 4 weeks ago

You should take it back to the pet store and ask for one that works.

• how long has she been scratching that area? post a pic of the bump. why didn't your vet see the bare spot? maybe you need a new vet?

• Nicholas4 weeks agoReport

The vet didnt see the spot, because it's not exactly obvious. It's under her neck, and difficult to see, even for me

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The vet is always willing to help ur kitty. Go ASAP

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.