Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Should I take my cat back to the vet asap, or can I wait?

I got back a few hours from getting my cats thyroid levels checked. She hates going to the vet, and I dont want to take her back. She had also been scratching her head. It had been determined that s she had a scab from a thorn bush, and she was scratching at the scab, and the vet wasnt concerned about it. Something I just remembered is sometimes I see her scratching under her neck. I briefly mentioned it to my vet, but I think he forgot and i also forgot. I just remembered. She doesnt seem uncomfortable, like shes not scratching ot all the time. We were waiting for the vet for 2 hours, and I didnt see her scratch it once, but there is a small spot of hair loss with a slight pink spot about the size of a pea. Is this worth taking her in again tomorrow? I know they are booked all day tommarrow, but she I do a walk

• Angel

If you have any questions or concerns and you were just at the vets, give them a call and ask. They can determine weather they need you to come back or not.

is your cat on methimazole??  one of the side effects of that medication is "self-mutilation" resulting in scratching about the face and neck, and that is a serious side effect--I would call your vet and discuss your concerns. (particularly if your cat is on methimazole)

• Nicholas4 weeks agoReport

The cat isnt even mine, it's my moms. Her, and everyone at the vet treat me like a joke, because I apparently worry too much, and I don't want to go back there if I dont have to.

You should take it back to the pet store and ask for one that works.

• how long has she been scratching that area? post a pic of the bump. why didn't your vet see the bare spot? maybe you need a new vet?

• Nicholas4 weeks agoReport

The vet didnt see the spot, because it's not exactly obvious. It's under her neck, and difficult to see, even for me

The vet is always willing to help ur kitty. Go ASAP