What can i do to write better stories? With more complex events?

I like write novel and story. But i didn't still finished one. It's like you want to kill or left your own baby. So tell me how can i write a story to end. And how can write the end. Give me some ideas and tips. Thanks. I'm Iranian ao answer simple pls. :)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no simple answer, and even if there were, you wouldn't understand it unless it was given to you in Farsi. If this question is representative of your English ability, then it can only be hoped that you are not attempting to compose in English. If you wish to improve, read a lot of well written books and stories by talented authors and practice writing as often as you can. If you can't craft simple pieces, you're not ready to craft more complex ones. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. Learn to walk before you try to run. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Sit down and stop letting 'free flow' stuff run your storyline. Make a PLOT LINE, with a beginning, middle and end. Stick to it.

• Amber
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

This is where a little self discipline comes into the mixture.

• Speed
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Setayesh, there is no foolproof way to write a story all the way to its end. There are many ways. Some work for me, and you need to find one that works for you.

Here are some things you can try:

Plan the whole story before writing any of it. Write a detailed summary of who the characters are, what happens, what they do about it, who helps them, who opposes them, and how it turns out. For a novel, this should be 15 pages or more.

Make detailed character biographies, so you know about their childhoods, their education, their jobs, their skills, their hopes and fears, their politics, their taste in movies and music, everything you might know about a friend of many years. Now create a big decision your main character must make. (Stay in school, or work a good job that isn't likely to last? Marry who he loves or the woman chosen by his parents? Stay where he is, or move to a distant place?) Because you know him so well, you know how he will react.

Create a character, then make the worst possible thing you can imagine happen to him. (He learns he is dying? He kills someone? He was handsome but is disfigured? He loses the family fortune?) What does he or she do about it?

Write about a fictional version of yourself, starting with things that really happened in your own life. Now change some element of it so the result was very different. (Maybe you did something awful and are in prison instead of safe at home? Maybe you made a poor decision about school or work and it led you far from the life you want?) Write that story.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

You have to force yourself to finish. Once you have finished, you can go back and rewrite your novel, fix issues, and make it better.

• 8 months ago

Write the end first. Then, write the beginning and middle. And edit the end to make work better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.