Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 4 weeks ago

Is it just me or is late October and early November WAY TOO early to put up your Christmas Tree?

This neighbor has had it up since at least October 27th when I first noticed it. House is near Dayton, OH.

Favorite Answer

Trees and decorations are not surpost to go up until after Thanksgiving. Some retailing businesses are being over greedy to get more money, as soon as they can. 

Do keep loving everyone, even year round! 

• Donna

Well, no offense but I have seen people do it.

Any time between late October and mid December is an okay time to put decorations up, in my opinion... but that’s just me... (I put mine up Dec 1st)

Some people get into the spirit sooner than others. Others stay in it until it’s well past. It’s a matter of tradition, that’s all.

No, it's not too early. I take out my Christmas decorations when the first snowfalls. We got snow at the end of October and out came out the Christmas decorations.

Yes.  A traditional time to put it up is Christmas Eve, and to keep it up for the 12 days of Christmas.  Few seem to to that nowadays though.

If you are a traditionalist, and people who put up Christmas trees and decorations are following a tradition, then the decorations go up at the beginning of Advent which, this year, is 1 December. 

i don't care and it's really none of my business. maybe you should ask if it's really a satan tree if you're really concerned. I've heard satan trees look just like Christmas trees except for the sacrificed goats. well that escalated quickly

Why do you care 

I'd say the middle of November should be the absolute earliest to put up Christmas decorations. However, to each their own. It's not really bothering anyone else is it?

I don't know sure