nevin0020 asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is it racist to prefer different types of dog?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I would not consider liking a certain type of dog racist, you just like what you like. I think of it as what your sexual preference is when thinking about this you may like your partner to be taller than you or so. This is not considered racist then why should your preference in dogs be that way.

• nevin0020
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

But then couldn't that same logic be applied to Humans? People don't have sexual relationships with their dogs. 

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Yes. Stick to your own kind. Get yourself an Idiot dog.

• 4 weeks ago

Racist? No. You just have your druthers.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, Doge will invade your for being racist against dogs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

• "Is it racist to prefer different types of dog?"

Only if you regard certain TYPES of dogs as being of different races, AND regard some of those dogs as automatically despicably inferior, while regarding the other TYPES as automatically superior.

Otherwise you are not racist. I doubt that enough people regard TYPES of dog as each being a RACE for you to termed racist for having a mere preference.

But if you DO think that way about various TYPES, a better term would be TYPIST. (Wait for the squeals from the people who are expert users of typewriters! But the way that words get "borrowed" for different purposes is not MY fault, however.)

If, as I do, you like almost all dogs except the nervous cowards and the individuals that bite you as they stroll past, you are neither a racist nor a typist. However, I could be labelled as a BREEDIST!

I consider the PROPERLY-bred-&-trained GSDs (German Shepherd Dogs) to be the most versatile and useful of all the dog BREEDS. Sadly, many pooches registered as GSDs are unworthy of the breed's name. But equally, many Border Collies are unworthy of THEIR breed's name, they being scared of sheep - and they are ranked at #1 for intelligence & trainability. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_...

based on the opinions of North American obedience judges, who rated my breed - the GSD - as "only" 3rd.

However, dog-seekers need to be aware that the more intelligent a dog is, the more easily it will outwit boring, lazy, unobservant humans who are too cheapskate to spend at least a year being observed and COACHED in a competent weekly training group, too unaware to realise that brains faster than their own get BORED so start inventing ways to make life more exciting.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD breeder & trainer since 1968

• 1 month ago

It is hereditary that you're this stupid or all your own doing to compare dog breeds to human races?

• You probably hoped to phrase this as a question, but in your excitement to troll, stupidity took over.  Start your question with IS you moron.

• 1 month ago

No.

Human races developed naturally.  Human races for the most part are different physical characteristics, but little difference beyond that.

Different dog breeds were developed thru human intervention.   We have different breeds because each breed has its own unique working drive, activity level, trainability, temperament, size, coat type etc... All for a purpose.    It isnt the same thing as race.

• Nekkid Truth!
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

If someone needs a dog that can herd sheep.. It is not "racist" of them to favor a border collie over a lhasa apso...  They are choosing the breed that literally was bred to have the traits they desire.

• 1 month ago

Nope its not my preference is herding breeds

Attachment image
    Source(s): Shepherd
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, racism is when you discriminate against one race for whatever reason. Preferring a type of dog is just a preference

• 1 month ago

No. It is not. Why? Do you hate all 'black dogs'?

• Rianna1 month agoReport

Dogs with black coats are said to be hounds from Hell in Chinese culture. They would kill a black dog and use their blood in rituals. Black dogs are the first to be euthanized and the last to be adopted because of all of these myths. It's really sad 😢

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.