Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Can constant stomach pain be cancer symptom?

I have frequent stomach pains.  I went to gastroenterologist and he ordered abdominal ultrasound and chest x ray -- both came normal.

Gastroenterologist did say he suspected my symptoms maybe cancer but he can not confirm until all the tests are complete.

He said that 57 lbs weight loss in past 2 years without trying hard to lose weight is red flag. 

I told him the weight loss is because of loss of appetite and I'm seldom hungry and get full very easily.

So far all the tests are coming normal. He wants to do endoscopy and colonoscopy next. 

I still have stomach pain all the time.

Your stomach pain could be the result of a stomach ulcer or gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining). A stomach ulcer is caused by bacteria and can be treated with antibiotics. Gastritis can also be treated with medication and perhaps a dietary change. An endoscopy will allow your doctor to examine your stomach lining and take tissue samples. It should also be done at the same time as the colonoscopy so you can sleep through both procedures. 

• kelvin

you do not have cancer

• Vortex

Yes it can be. I have to be honest. I had pain for a month,, couldn't sleep, had a cat scan, stage four pancreatic cancer.  On the other hand many conditions cause pain that are not serious so leave it up to the doctor. Good Luck!