Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Does my wife have a say on what I do with my money?

My money as in my salary that I got from my job. Whatever I decide to help out my brother or my cousin or invest it in some project or buy a car, what’s it to her?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Marriage is a 50/50 partner ship and by law 50% of your money is her's:: SO YES SHE DOES!

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hahahahhahaaa .... you haven't been married for very long, have you .... honey, she's the one who makes the major financial decisions, not you. 

• 1 month ago

Yes you’re married silly 

• 1 month ago

That’s your hard earned $. You have a right to use your $ however you want it or must agree to whatever she wants to spend the $ on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes. when a man gets married, her money is her money and his money is her money.

• 1 month ago

You are married so your money is her money and her money is your money. The important things like bills should always come before playtime with the money.

• mmm
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

how would you feel if your wife gave her cousin money to help her out without asking you first

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Marriage means merge a man and woman merge together as one which includes all money's assets and liabilities. What's yours is hers, everything is shared, discussed and agreed upon. Now if you're not with that program of marriage.

• kamilya1 month agoReport

i don't think merge has anything to do with marriage

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just lie to her. Lying keeps marriages together.

• 1 month ago

Your money is HER money.  She absolutely has a say.  In fact, it SHOULD be HER decision ENTIRELY!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nobody has a say what I do with my money. I am a single male. I don't have a girlfriend, or wife, or kids.

If you like the idea what's mine is mine, and what's yours is yours, so much then why did you get married?

I think based on what you said then she should have a say on what you do with your money.

I am planning on investing my money in a home, and projects, so maybe I can get work. I realize you want to help out your other family members. I wonder why they want, or need your money, and can't be self sufficient.

• Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

mmm that is exactly how we have organized it so that we have no conflicts.  It WORKS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.