Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

If your niece flew on a plane for 6,000 miles and turned up at the airport uninvited and unannounced, do you pick her up? ?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If i was nice yes, if i was nasty i would say take a cab.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No, you let her find her own way.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You sound suspiciously like the niece who showed up unannounced while you were living in Germany.  So today you're posing as the aunt.  How refreshing.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That crossed my mind too. Hence the inclusion in my answer about expecting to be looked after for free.

• 1 month ago

I would go and pick her up, but I would expect some pretty good answers as to WHY she did this, and what she expects me to do now that I HAVE picked her up.

I would not be impressed or pleased if she said, 'Oh but auntie, I just assumed I could stay with you for free and you would drive me around and take me places until I felt like going home again'.

By the way, this is not an Etiquette question. Why don't you move it to 'Family'?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, she payed a lot of money to see you,wish my nieces would do that,they wont even email me or facebook me, or call, youre lucky

• 1 month ago

I would--unless she is a known drug user who just got out of jail for murdering someone.....

• 1 month ago

Of course. Least I could do. I'd ask why, of course, but would work with her to see why she took this drastic action and how I could help.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It would be nice to pick her up and offer her a place to stay if you are emotionally close and have the room. I don't "DO" drop in company. I would never drop in on anyone- no matter what.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If one of my nieces did that, yes I would pick them up at the airport.

6000 miles?.

• In
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If she can plan that trip by herself she can plan her taxi ride to her hotel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.