Why Does Twitter Repeatedly Block my MAC Address?

Hello everyone! 

I've recently learned that there is a method of blocking that certain social media uses in which certain MAC addresses are blocked for a short (or long) period of time.

I think that this is to stop an influx of tweets, but idk.

Anyway, I don't send spam and only occasionally post art, yet I repeatedly encounter what I assume is this issue (since other computers in my household CAN access twitter, but mine cannot many times a day).

So uh... Why does it do that? I use it a few times a week... like once or twice a day?

Favorite Answer

Hi. It's possible that either your Twitter app on the device is outdated, or that the tracking rfeatures on Your device have sjhowed a tracked part number that is returning information that says You may be using the service in a country where it's illegal.

In other words, You may have a phone or tablet with a Chinese motherboard or CPU (Serial numbers) that is causing Twitter to think the device is Chinese / somewhere else Twitter is illegal, etc..

G'Luck!!!

• Mike G

Twitter is not blocking you by MAC address. That's impossible. As soon as data packets on the LAN destined for the Internet reaches their first router or gateway, the MAC address gets stripped and the router exchanges it for it's own before it sends the packet further on it's way to the destination.

• Southpaw
      1 month agoReport

This is true, a MAC address only goes one "hop";
      https://askleo.com/whats_the_difference_between_a_mac_address_and_an_ip_address/
      Your MAC address can only be blacklisted by whoever is the administrator of your router.

Means you have been denied access to the site for X amount of time.

• Smokie

You sure your device isn't compromised? Either fully hacked or even your browser being jacked might explain the strange behavior and weird bans. I've been banned from Twitter many many times and it's always been against the account, not the device. The times they've denied my request to remove a ban, I reuse the IP of the banned one.

just forget your twitter account for 5 to 7 day after that use normally your account 

don't try proxy or vpn otherwise your account next time diffidently got banned  

Twitter has no need to ban that way. They’d either terminate your account or give you a temp ban which you will see a ban message.  

When you test the other computers, are you testing using your account or their accounts? Twitter wouldn’t be targeting specific devices like that so it would also not work on the other computers when signing into your account if you are banned. Which would then mean there is a problem with your device  

yes.........................