Why cant't I sleep when I drink tea?

I like drink coffee in the morning (like to feel better) and then tea before to go to bed (to sleep well). It must be logically but for me it s quite different... When I drink tea at night I can t fall asleep half night then. Couple times I drunk tea in the morning and felt good. And couple times I was drinking coffee before to sleep and was sleeping pretty well... Why is that?

Update:

The main question is not about tea, about coffee... Why can I sleep better after coffee than after tea if coffee has more caffeine... 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Tea contains theophylline. Personally, I have trouble falling asleep after drinking a fermented tea with supper (10 minutes, instead of five) but no trouble if I drink green tea (or decaf chicory coffee). I REALLY had trouble when I was in Yemen. Not only the coffee but the (fermented) tea kept me wide-eyed for much of the night.

• 1 month ago

One word caffeine

• Walt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

it may want to try decaf

• 1 month ago

Tea has caffeine.

• Mikey1 month agoReport

But why do I sleep well after coffee? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't drink tea with caffeine. Caffeine will keep you awake. It's a stimulant. Drink herbal tea instead. A lot of people drink chamomiIe tea to heIp them sIeep.

• Mikey1 month agoReport

But why I can sleep well after coffee..? There is much more caffeine in coffee...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.