Carli asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

Is this little bat okay?

So i went out of my house today and saw this little guy sitting in my folding chair squeaking up a storm. He must've gotten there around 11am to 1pm today because he wasn't there around 10 30am. The squeaks were fairly fast, repetitive and kept the same pitch. I must've been hearing him for a few days but today waa the firsf day i actually saw him. When i left the house around 1 30 he had placed his wings over his head to block out the sunlight. Is he alright? Did he maybe just fall from his sleeping perch and land there or could something be terribly wrong with him? Any advise would be helpful!

Favorite Answer

If you approached him and he didn’t fly away, he’s seriously injured. It should fly away when humans appear.

• Carli1 month agoReport

Thank you. When i returned home later in the night he was gone so i hope he's flown away somewhere.

• Nathan

I suggest calling a wildlife centre to pick him up. Many rescue shelters can offer that service - he is not okay and probably has a broken wing. If he was okay he would be hanging upside down somewhere secluded and dark - and would not be making all that noise.

Friend I would seriously advise you to stay far away from a bat that has fallen somewhere and cannot fly. Rabies effects at least one and every hundred bats. And it paralyzes their wings so that they can't die and they squeak and they flop around and I can't take off they die within about 3 to 4 days. Unless somebody picks them up and that person ends up getting bit.