Spock asked in PetsHorses · 4 weeks ago

How’s my Equitation?

I have a horse but haven’t had a lesson in a while. I used to have regular lessons (can’t afford it anymore) and I’m worried my equitation is getting worse. Critique me!

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

Difficult to tell from the angle of the picture, but it appears that your toes are sticking out and your calf is rolled into the horse's side. This needs to be corrected from the hip by rolling your hip and knee inward.

In my opinion those stirrups look way to short for flatwork. Get some books from amazon their good and inexpensive 

• Spock4 weeks agoReport

That would be because I was jumping that day :) I have two shelves in my room devoted to my horse books :)

• Amber

Not easy to tell from a picture, a motion video would be better.

The toe I can see is sticking out so you maybe putting too much weight on your other side. Your ankles will be taking a lot of strain.

You look tipped forward but you could be doing rising trot not sitting trot. Your elbows aren't bent but straight and rigid looking.

And your hands look close to the horses neck

steamed hams­­­­