Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 4 weeks ago

what is your ancestry?

mine is portuguese (azorean) and german

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I'm Irish, German, Swedish, Polish, Portugese, and probably quite a few others I forgot.

Source(s): My parents and other family members lol
  • 3 weeks ago

"Mutt." And I'd say this is a pretty accurate description since my family has mostly been here since the 1600's, and have had tons of mixing, but if I had to break it down, I would probably say I'm primarily British Isles (i.e., English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Scotch-Irish/Ulster, Cornish, Manx & Jersey, collectively), and then mostly Scandinavian (i.e., Swedish & Norwegian). In addition to this, I know I have smaller amounts of Dutch, Belgian, German, Jewish-German & Swiss. I also found one line that was French Huguenot. Also pretty sure I have at least one or two lines, possibly even three, that include Native American ancestry. Those lines all tend to be brick walls, or at least never been able to confirm a definitive paper trail, but all lead to areas where there was a significant presence of Lenape Delaware (Southwest New Jersey) and Cherokee (East Tennessee). And there's also been family rumors for these branches, and we've recently come into contact with more distant relatives who confirmed they had similar family rumors passed down, which has been further corroborated by the fact many of us have gotten small traces of Native American or other non-European DNA results, e.g., Melanesia, South Asia or East Asia showing up on DNA tests. But because you can now apparently get in trouble for saying your part Native American these days if you don't have definitive proof, I guess those branches just have to remain "unknown" for now...

• 4 weeks ago

My ancestry is mostly Scandinavian (mostly Norwegian, particularly on my mother's side) and German. 

• 4 weeks ago

English, Irish, Scottish and maybe Austrian.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I'm of Chaldean Assyrian ancestry with both of my parents being from Northern Iraq

• 4 weeks ago

I am Bangladeshi

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I can read English, but what does that have to do with anything? "What is *your* ancestry? "  is a textbook chatting-violation and should be reported

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I am German, Russian, English, Welsh, Irish 

• 4 weeks ago

German, English, Irish, French.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Scottish on my mums side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.