Is it normal for a student in Stuyvesant High School as a junior to have homework to do for 10 hours?

A day or around like 6 hours a day just to do homework. 

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Over what period of time? Because that's pretty unreasonable if that's what they have to do every day, but if its for the week, its a heavy workload, but still doable.

• Murzy

3-4 hours is normal but the rest might include study time.

Does Stuyvesant have block scheduling where the classes are in two-hour blocks and are scheduled every other day? If not, then it might be hard to have extra homework time. My daughter went to Thomas Jefferson, a science & technology magnet school in Virginia. Because they had block scheduling and the kids were fast learners, the teachers had time to teach in class, but there was extra time for questions and for the kids to do their homework. My daughter never had 10 hours of homework. She had maybe 5 hours, but she got much of it done in school.

10 hours per what? week? seems normal enough to me

Occasionally, not as the norm.