What is the very best way to protect yourself from an Energy Vampire?

As evidenced by my other questions, I live with an energy vampire that is unfortunately my Mother. She is overbearing, negative, and limiting. She insists on putting me in a little box. Ever since I began recovering from my stroke, apparently(according to Her) I cannot do many things. When I see someone who also haas had a severe stroke living pretty independently I become infuriated because when I share this with my Mom She dismisses it as something I can never do. Going into this New Year after the holidays, how do I keep up the motivation, protect myself from Her crap, and ultimately prove Her wrong?

I should have added, that by limiting I mean She will  physically not let me go! Everyone(or anyone) that I go somewhere with has to be "vetted." I feel trapped.

Wrap yourself in aluminum foil.  More is better, it's impossible to have too much.

But it's so simple.  All you have to do is learn the ways of the Force, and problem solved.  Energy vampires are no match for a trained Jedi.

Think of it.  Whenever your mom says you can't go out by yourself, you just pull the patented Jedi mind trick and say "You don't need to know where I'm going or when I'll be back".   Whenever she says something negative, you just force-block the negativity and get on with your day.  And if she really won't stop bittching at you, you can just force-choke her until she shuts up.

NOTE:  The mind trick will not work on cops.  I've tried.

Don't feel bad for not already knowing this.  Sometimes the solution is so obvious it gets overlooked several times.

maybe you should move out and get your own place, you can always get people from homecare companies to come and help you out