Jarvis asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Which birds are more ethical to have as pets?

I’m referring to birds that seen more as domestic or captive-bred than wild and if they make better companions 

• Nathan
    Favorite Answer

I suggest parakeets. However, you do need to do lots of research and your cage should be purchased online - cages sold in store are always far too small, especially as all birds need lots of room and bigger is better

PARAKEETS they r the beat ever. I have some, they never bit me (only affectionate nibbles) and they r so cute trust me U WANT PARAKEETS

A hand reared, captive bred bird.

These are generally more expensive but are bonded to humans so do not get as stressed when handled. They are also able to spend a lot of time out of their cage so they get the exercise and socialization they need.

Remember that any bird needs a much larger cage than you would expect.the smallest measurement should be twice their wingspan and the cage should be large enough that they need to fly, not just hop, between perches.

Chickens. They are very dog like.

parakeets are nice birds for pets

• martin

The small all-green parrot the Brazilians call pappaguyo. He even talks to you.

i think parakeeps make good pets